- The definition of signatory is being bound by the signing of a document.
An example of signatory is the person who signed a rental agreement and is responsible for the rent.
- Signatory is defined as any of the people that signed a document.
An example of a signatory is a person who signed a contract.
Origin of signatoryClassical Latin signatorius, of sealing, of a signer ; from signator, one who seals or signs ; from signare, to set a seal upon, sign: see sign
- One who has signed a contract or other legal document as a party.
- A country that is a party to a treaty.
Origin of signatoryLatin signātōrius, from signātus, past participle of signāre, to mark, from signum, sign; see sign.
- One who signs or signed something.
- John Hancock is famous for being the first signatory to the American Declaration of Indepence, and for writing his name large.
From Latin signatorius.