(comparative more shortsightedly, superlative most shortsightedly)
- With short sight; myopically.
- The teacher peered shortsightedly around the classroom.
- In a manner that fails to consider the big picture or future effects of an action or decision.
- He shortsightedly decided not to go to college and instead entered the workforce; so he made more money the first few years, but his earning power was never as great as it could have been.
shortsighted + -ly
Variant of shortsighted
- having or showing a lack of foresight