- pl. -·head· or -·heads·⌂
- a large, edible, marine porgy fish (Archosargus probatocephalus) with a massive head, a striped body, and sheeplike incisor and molar teeth: found along the Atlantic and Gulf coasts of the U.S.
- the freshwater drum (Aplodinotus grunniens) common in the Great Lakes and Mississippi watershed
- a red wrasse (Semicossyphus pulcher) of the California coast
- Archaic a stupid person
- A food fish (Archosargus probatocephalus) of the Atlantic and Gulf coasts of the Americas, having dark vertical markings and a short blunt snout.
- A freshwater drum (Aplodinotus grunniens) of North and Central America, valued as a sport fish.
(countable and uncountable, plural sheepsheads or sheepshead)