- pl. sheepshead or sheepsheads☆
- a large, edible, marine porgy fish (Archosargus probatocephalus) with a massive head, a striped body, and sheeplike incisor and molar teeth: found along the Atlantic and Gulf coasts of the U.S.
- the freshwater drum (Aplodinotus grunniens) common in the Great Lakes and Mississippi watershed
- a red wrasse (Semicossyphus pulcher) of the California coast
- Archaic a stupid person
See sheepshead in American Heritage Dictionary 4
- A food fish (Archosargus probatocephalus) of the Atlantic and Gulf coasts of the United States, having dark vertical markings.
- A freshwater drum (Aplodinotus grunniens) commonly found from the Great Lakes to Texas.
- A redfish (Semicossyphus pulcher) of the Gulf of California, caught commercially or as a game fish.