- Shat is the past tense of shit, which is a vulgar term used to describe expelling feces from the body.
When you pooped, this is an example of a time when you shat.
- Simple past tense and past participle of shit.
Variant of shit
intransitive verbshit, shat, shitting
Origin of shitearlier shite ; from Old English scītan, akin to Dutch schijten (MLG schīten), German scheissen (OHG skīzan) ; from Germanic an unverified form skīt-, an unverified form skit-
- to discharge (excrement)
- Slang to tease or try to fool
- excrement; feces
- the act of discharging excrement
- anyone or anything thought of as being bad, disgusting, foolish, worthless, etc.
- nonsense; foolishness
- things in general; stuff
- an intoxicant or narcotic, esp. marijuana or heroin
beat the shit out ofor kick the shit out of
get one's shit together
not give a shit
not worth a shit
take a shit
when the shit hits the fan