- Sharkskin is the skin of a marine animal called a shark, or is a rough and scaly fabric that resembles such skin.
The skin of the shark in the movie Jaws is an example of sharkskin.
- leather made from the skin of a shark
- ☆ a cloth of cotton, wool, rayon, etc. with a smooth, silky surface, used for suits, etc.
- a fabric woven with a pebbly pattern
- The skin of a shark.
- Leather made from the skin of a shark.
- A synthetic fabric having a smooth, somewhat shiny surface.
- A worsted fabric of a twill weave, having a slightly shiny appearance and used especially for suits.