- Sharkskin is the skin of a marine animal called a shark, or is a rough and scaly fabric that resembles such skin.
The skin of the shark in the movie Jaws is an example of sharkskin.
sharkskin definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- leather made from the skin of a shark
- ☆ a cloth of cotton, wool, rayon, etc. with a smooth, silky surface, used for suits, etc.
- a fabric woven with a pebbly pattern
sharkskin definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- The skin of a shark.
- Leather made from the skin of a shark.
- A rayon and acetate fabric having a smooth, somewhat shiny surface.