- Sextillion is a number equal to a 1 followed by 21 zeros.
1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 is an example of a sextillion.
- ☆ the number represented by 1 followed by 21 zeros
- Brit. the number represented by 1 followed by 36 zeros
Origin of sextillionFrench ; from Classical Latin sextus, sixth (; from sex, six) + French (m)illion
amounting to one sextillion in number
- The cardinal number equal to 1021.
- Chiefly British The cardinal number equal to 1036.
Origin of sextillionFrench : Latin sextus, sixth; see sextile + French -illion (as in million, million, from Old French milion; see million).