- happening every seven years
- lasting seven years
Origin of septennialfrom Classical Latin septennium, a period of seven years from septem, seven + annus, year (see annual) + -al
- Occurring every seven years.
- Consisting of or continuing for seven years.
An event that occurs every seven years.
Origin of septennialFrom Late Latin septennium period of seven years from Latin septennis of seven years septem seven ; see sept&mlowring; in Indo-European roots. annus year ; see at- in Indo-European roots.
- Lasting or continuing seven years; as, septennial parliaments.
- Happening or returning once in every seven years; as, septennial elections in England.
From Late Latin septennium (“a period of seven years").