- happening every seven years
- lasting seven years
Origin of septennial; from Classical Latin septennium, a period of seven years ; from septem, seven + annus, year (see annual) + -al
- Occurring every seven years.
- Consisting of or continuing for seven years.
An event that occurs every seven years.
Origin of septennialFrom Late Latin septennium, period of seven years, from Latin septennis, of seven years : septem, seven; see sept&mlowring; in Indo-European roots + annus, year; see at- in Indo-European roots.
- Lasting or continuing seven years; as, septennial parliaments.
- Happening or returning once in every seven years; as, septennial elections in England.
From Late Latin septennium (“a period of seven years").