- a person or thing that seals; specif., a substance used to seal a porous surface, as before painting
- an inspector who tests and certifies weights and measures
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio.
- a hunter of seals
- a ship used in seal hunting
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- One that seals, as an undercoat of paint or varnish used to size a surface.
- An officer who inspects, tests, and certifies weights and measures.
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
One that is engaged in the hunting of seals.