- Old-fashioned a man who teaches in a school
- Chiefly Brit. a headmaster or master in a school
- a person or thing that disciplines or instructs
- a reddish-brown and orange snapper (Lutjanus apodus) with large scales, found in warm Atlantic waters
See schoolmaster in American Heritage Dictionary 4
- A man who is a teacher.
- One who educates, guides, or instructs.
- A grayish-brown snapper (Lutjanus apodus) of the tropical Atlantic and the Gulf of Mexico.
- schoolˈmasˌter·ly adjective
Learn more about schoolmaster