- Old-fashioned a man who teaches in a school
- Chiefly Brit. a headmaster or master in a school
- a person or thing that disciplines or instructs
- a reddish-brown and orange snapper (Lutjanus apodus) with large scales, found in warm Atlantic waters
- A man who is a teacher.
- A grayish-brown snapper (Lutjanus apodus) of the western Atlantic Ocean and the Gulf of Mexico.
- The person in charge of a school.
(third-person singular simple present schoolmasters, present participle schoolmastering, simple past and past participle schoolmastered)
- To teach in the capacity of schoolmaster.