The symbol for Sagittarius.
- The constellation Sagittarius is located at right ascension = 19 hours 5 min 30 sec and declination = -28° 27' 18" degrees.
- This constellation consists of a number of different stars; however, there are three main stars that form a curved line that too many resembles a bow.
- It is best seen by people in the Northern Hemisphere during the summer months and people in the Southern Hemisphere during the winter months.
- In Greek mythology, Sagittarius represented a centaur, who was half man and half horse.
- It is believed that the Romans named the constellation Sagittarius because the beginning of the name "sagitta" means arrow in Latin.
- Many observers see a teapot in the constellation, but it was the archer’s bow and arrow which was first seen when the constellation was named.
The definition of Sagittarius is a constellation located between Scorpio and Capricorn.
Facts About Sagittarius
An example of Sagittarius is the astrological sign of those born between November 23 and December 22.
- a large S constellation in the brightest part of the Milky Way, beyond which lies the center of our galaxy; the Archer
- the ninth sign of the zodiac, entered by the sun about November 21
- a person born under this signalso Sag·it·tar′ian
Origin of SagittariusMiddle English from Classical Latin sagittarius, archer from sagitta, arrow
- A constellation in the Southern Hemisphere near Scorpius and Capricorn.
- a. The ninth sign of the zodiac in astrology.b. One who is born under this sign. Also called In all senses also called Archer .
Origin of SagittariusMiddle English from Latin Sagittārius from sagittārius archer from sagitta arrow
- Someone with a Sagittarius star sign
From Latin sagittÄrius (“archer").