- a coarse stucco for covering outside surfaces, as walls
- a rough pattern or form, or crudely made model
transitive verb-·cast·, -·cast·ing
- to cover (walls, etc.) with roughcast
- to make or shape in a rough form
- A coarse plaster of lime, shells, and pebbles used for outside wall surfaces.
- A rough preliminary model or form.
transitive verbrough·cast, rough·cast·ing, rough·casts
- To plaster (a wall, for example) with roughcast.
- To shape or work into a rough or preliminary form.
- A crude model.
- A rough surface finish, as of a plaster or stucco wall.
- A mixture of pebbles or similar material used to finish a plaster or concrete wall.
(third-person singular simple present roughcasts, present participle roughcasting, simple past and past participle roughcast)
- To shape crudely; to form in its first rudiments, without correction or polish.
- To apply a roughcast finish to.
- to roughcast a wall or building