- a coarse stucco for covering outside surfaces, as walls
- a rough pattern or form, or crudely made model
transitive verb roughcast, roughcasting
- to cover (walls, etc.) with roughcast
- to make or shape in a rough form
See roughcast in American Heritage Dictionary 4
transitive verb rough·cast
- A coarse plaster of lime, shells, and pebbles used for outside wall surfaces.
- A rough preliminary model or form.
- To plaster (a wall, for example) with roughcast.
- To shape or work into a rough or preliminary form.
Learn more about roughcast