- a person who rips
- a thing that rips; device or tool for ripping
- One that rips.
- One who commits murder with a knife or similar sharp object.
- Slang One that is an excellent example of its kind.
- Something that rips (something else).
- Someone who rips (something).
- A legislative bill or act that transfers powers of appointment from the usual holders to a chief executive or a board of officials.
- A murderer who kills and often mutilates victims with a blade or similar sharp weapon.
- (mining) A hook-like tool used to tear away ore, rock, etc.
- (UK, Australia, slang) Something that is an excellent example of its kind.
- (computing) Software that extracts content from files or storage media.
rip +â€Ž -er; originated 1605â€“15.
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Websterâ€™s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.