- a person who rips
- a thing that rips; device or tool for ripping
- One that rips.
- One who commits murder with a knife or similar sharp object.
- Slang One that is an excellent example of its kind.
- Something that rips (something else).
- Someone who rips (something).
- A legislative bill or act that transfers powers of appointment from the usual holders to a chief executive or a board of officials.
- A murderer who kills and often mutilates victims with a blade or similar sharp weapon.
- (mining) A hook-like tool used to tear away ore, rock, etc.
- (UK, Australia, slang) Something that is an excellent example of its kind.
- (computing) Software that extracts content from files or storage media.
rip +"Ž -er; originated 1605-15.
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster's Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.