- a netlike pattern or structure; network
- a S constellation between Dorado and Horologium
- Biol. any network or netlike structure, as the weblike structure found in the protoplasm of many cells
- Zool. the second chamber of the stomach of cud-chewing animals, as cows
Origin of reticulumL: see reticule
- A netlike formation or structure; a network.
- Zoology The second compartment of the stomach of ruminant mammals, lined with a membrane having honeycombed ridges.
- Reticulum A constellation in the Southern Hemisphere near Dorado and Horologium.
Origin of reticulumLatin r&emacron;ticulum, diminutive of r&emacron;te, net.
From Latin reticulum (“net").