- a reentering; specif., a coming back, as of a space vehicle, into the earth's atmosphere
- a second or repeated entry
- Card Games a card that can win a trick and thus regain the lead
- Law a coming into possession again under a right reserved in a prior transfer of property
nounpl. re·en·tries also re-en·tries
- a. The act or action of reentering.b. The return of a missile or spacecraft into the atmosphere.
- The act of rejoining as a participant or member: programs to ease prisoners' reentry into society.
- Law The recovery of possession of a property by an owner, pursuant to a right reserved in a lease or other agreement in the event of some breach of that agreement.
- Games a. The act of regaining the lead by taking a trick in bridge and whist.b. The card that will take a trick and thus regain the lead.
- The act of reentering.
- a reentry into public life
- The return of a spacecraft into the atmosphere.
- (physiology) The reactivation of (a region of) myocardial tissue by a single, returning impulse
- A resuming or retaking possession of what one has lately foregone, especially land; the entry by a lessor upon the premises leased, on failure of the tenant to pay rent or perform the covenants in the lease.
re- +"Ž entry
reentry - Legal Definition
The resumption of possession of a parcel of land by one who had formerly possessed it and who reserved the right to resume same when the new holder released it; the right of a landlord to repossess a leased premises after a tenant has defaulted on the terms of its lease.