A fresh caught red snapper.
- a reddish, edible, deep-water snapper fish (Lutjanus campechanus) of the Gulf of Mexico and W Atlantic
- any of several other reddish fishes, as a rockfish (Sebastes ruberrimus) of the E Pacific
- Any of several reddish marine food fishes of the genus Lutjanus, especially L. campechanus of the western Atlantic Ocean and the Gulf of Mexico.
- A reddish rockfish (Sebastes ruberrimus) of the eastern Pacific Ocean.
(plural red snappers)
- Any of several Atlantic foodfishes, of the genus Lutjanus, that have reddish bodies