The red light of a traffice signal.
- any danger or warning signal; specif., a red lamp, flare, etc.
- a red stoplight
- The red-colored light that signals traffic to stop.
- Informal A command to stop.
(plural red lights)
- A warning light, especially as a traffic signal indicating ‘stop’.
- We ran three red lights on the way to the hospital.
- A sign of a brothel.
- 1978: Roxanne, you don't have to put on your red light. — Sting, ‘Roxanne’
- (idiomatic) Denial to proceed. Ruling out of any possibility.
- third leg