- The definition of a rasher is a portion or slice of bacon or ham.
An example of a rasher is the three slices of bacon served with an English breakfast.
A rasher of bacon.
rasher definition by Webster's New World
- a thin slice of bacon or, rarely, ham, for frying or broiling
- ☆ a serving of several such slices
Origin: ; from uncertain or unknown; perhaps obsolete rash, to cut ; from Old French raser: see raze
rasher definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- A thin slice of fried or broiled bacon.
- A dish or an order of thin slices of fried or broiled bacon.
Origin: Origin unknown.