Variant of radio
- the practice or science of communicating over a distance by converting sounds or signals into electromagnetic waves and transmitting these directly through space, without connecting wires, to a receiving set, which changes them back into sounds, signals, etc.
- pl. radios such a receiving set, esp. one adapted for receiving the waves of the assigned frequencies of certain transmitters or broadcasting stations
- broadcasting by radio as an industry, entertainment, art, etc.
- all the facilities and related activities of such broadcasting
Origin of radiocontr. ; from radiotelegraphy
- of, using, used in, sent by, or operated by radio
- having to do with electromagnetic wave frequencies between c. 10 kilohertz and c. 300,000 megahertz