radio frequencyradio frequency
any frequency between normally audible sound waves and the infrared light portion of the spectrum, lying between c. 10 kilohertz and c. 1,000,000 megahertz
- The frequency of the waves transmitted by a specific radio station.
- A frequency within the range at which radio waves are transmitted, conventionally from 3 hertz to 300 megahertz, immediately below the range of microwave frequencies in the electromagnetic spectrum.
(countable and uncountable, plural radio frequencies)
- (uncountable) That part of the electromagnetic spectrum, between about 3 kHz and 300 MHz, within which radio waves are transmitted.
- (countable) A frequency in this range.
- Of or pertaining to electromagnetic radiation in the radio frequency band of the spectrum.