quintuplet[kwin tup′lit; kwin to̵̅o̅′plit, -tyo̵̅o̅′-; kwin′tə plət]
- any of five offspring from the same pregnancy
- a collection or group of five, usually of one kind
Origin of quintupletdiminutive of quintuple
- One of five offspring born in a single birth.
- A group or combination of five associated by common properties or behavior.
Origin of quintupletFrom quintuple (modeled on triplet).
- One of a group of five babies born from the same mother during the same birth.
- (music) A tuplet of five notes to be played in the time for four.
From Middle French quintuple.