- The definition of quantitative is something that is able to be measured.
An example of quantitative used as an adjective is a quantitative review of the farm which reported three sheep.
quantitative definition by Webster's New World
- having to do with quantity
- capable of being measured
- having to do with the quantity of a speech sound
- having to do with a system, as in classical prosody, in which syllables are classified as long and short
Origin: Midieval Latin quantitativus
quantitative definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- a. Expressed or expressible as a quantity.b. Of, relating to, or susceptible of measurement.c. Of or relating to number or quantity.
- Of or relating to a metrical system based on the duration of syllables rather than on stress. Used especially of classical Greek and Latin verse.
Origin: Medieval Latin quantitātīvus, from Latin quantitās, quantitāt-, quantity, from quantus, how great; see quantity.
- quanˈti·taˌtive·ly adverb
- quanˈti·taˌtive·ness noun