- the number represented by 1 followed by 15 zeros
- Brit. the number represented by 1 followed by 24 zeros
Origin: Fr from quadri- (see quadri-) plush (mi)llion
- quadrillionth adjective, noun
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- The cardinal number equal to 1015.
- Chiefly British Septillion.
Origin: quadr(i)- + (m)illion.
- quad·rilˈlion adjective
quadrillion - Computer Definition
One thousand times one trillion, which is 1, followed by 15 zeros, or 10 to the 15th power. See space/time.
Computer Desktop Encyclopedia
THIS DEFINITION IS FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY
All other reproduction is strictly prohibited without permission from the publisher.
© 1981-2014 The Computer Language Company Inc. All rights reserved.