- Predation is the act of plundering, or the act of catching prey to live.
An example of predation is an animal eyeing its next kill for supper.
- the act of plundering or preying
- the method of existence of predatory animals
Origin of predationClassical Latin praedatio ; from praedatus, past participle of praedari, to plunder ; from praeda, prey
- The capturing of prey for food.
- The act of robbing, victimizing, or exploiting others.
Origin of predationMiddle English predacion, plundering, from Latin praedātiō, praedātiōn-, from praedātus, past participle of praedārī, to plunder; see predatory.
- act of predating
From Latin praedatio, praedationem.