- Bacteriology designating a vaccine effective against many strains of the same species of microorganism
- having a valence of more than two
- having more than one valence
- Chemistry a. Having more than one valence.b. Having a valence of 3 or higher.
- Immunology a. Having more than one site of attachment. Used of an antibody or antigen.b. Containing antigens from more than one strain of a microorganism or virus. Used of a vaccine or serum.
- pol′y·va′lence, pol′y·va′len·cy
(comparative more polyvalent, superlative most polyvalent)
poly- +"Ž -valent