- any of several polymeric synthetic resins formed chiefly by condensing polyhydric alcohols with dibasic acids: used in making plastics, fibers, etc.
- fabric made of these fibers
Origin of polyesterpoly(mer) + ester
- Any of numerous synthetic polymers produced chiefly by reaction of dicarboxylic acids with dihydric alcohols and used primarily as light, strong, weather-resistant resins in boat hulls, textile fibers, adhesives, and molded parts.
- A wrinkle-resistant fabric of fibers made from any of these resins.
- Of, or consisting of polyesters