- full of or tasting of plums
- Brit., Informal good or desirable: used esp. of a job
- Informal rich, full, and mellow: said of a sound or voice: often (esp. Brit.) used to suggest affectation
- a. Filled with plums.b. Resembling plums in smell, taste, or appearance.
- Choice; desirable: a plummy job.
- Exceedingly or affectedly mellow and rich: a plummy voice.
(comparative plummier, superlative plummiest)
plum +"Ž -y. In the sense of a voice, because of the supposed similarity to speaking with a plum in one's mouth.