perigee definition by Webster's New World
- the point nearest to the earth in the orbit of the moon or of a man-made satellite
- the lowest or nearest point
Origin: French périgée ; from Late Midieval Latin perigaeum ; from Late Greek perigeion ; from Classical Greek perigeios, around the earth ; from peri-, near plush gē, the earth
perigee definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- The point nearest the earth's center in the orbit of the moon or a satellite.
- The point in any orbit nearest to the body being orbited.
Origin: French périgée, from Medieval Latin perigēum, from Late Greek perigeion : Greek peri-, peri- + Greek gē, earth.
- perˌi·geˈal , perˌi·geˈan adjective
perigee - Computer Definition
perigee - Cultural Definition
perigee - Science Definition