- any doctrine that holds that moral, religious, or social perfection can and should be attained in this life
- extreme or obsessive striving for perfection, as in one's work
See perfectionism in American Heritage Dictionary 4
- A propensity for being displeased with anything that is not perfect or does not meet extremely high standards.
- A belief in certain religions that moral or spiritual perfection can be achieved before the soul has passed into the afterlife.
- per·fecˈtion·ist adjective & n.
- per·fecˌtion·isˈtic adjective
Learn more about perfectionism