- Now Rare tending to bring to or achieve perfection
- Gram. designating an aspect of verbs, as in Russian, expressing completion of the action or indicating an action that is not repeated
Origin of perfectiveLate Latin perfectivus
- the perfective aspect
- a verb in this aspect
- Tending toward perfection.
- Grammar Of, related to, or being the aspect that expresses the completion or the result of the action denoted by the verb.
- The perfective aspect.
- A perfective verb form.
- A verb having a perfective form.
- per·fec′tive·ness, per′fec·tiv′i·ty
- (grammar) of, or relative to the perfect tense or perfective aspect.
- Actions perfective of their natures.