- (A description of the Patagonian part of Argentina will be found under Patagonia.) Rivers and Lakes.
- Other small harbours on the lower Patagonian coast are not prominent, owing to lack of population.
- This section is near the northern border of the arid Patagonian steppes.
- Its greatest defect is the cold southerly and westerly storms, which cause great losses in cattle and sheep. The Patagonian coast-line and mountainous region are also healthy, having a dry and bracing climate.
- On the Patagonian steppes there are comparatively few species of animals.