- The definition of part time is a type of job that is done for less than the normal amount of hours invested, or for less than the full duration that it is normally done.
An example of a part-time job is a job where you work less than the customary 40 hours per week.
- Part time is defined as working a portion of a regular time period.
An example of part time is when a person works for 20 hours and not the customary 40 hours per week.
as a part-time employee, student, etc.: to work part time
designating, of, or engaged in work, study, etc. for specified periods regarded as taking less time than a regular or full schedule
For or during less than the customary or standard time: a part-time job.
- Aside from their intricate dance routines and high energy performances, these cheerleaders are all either enrolled in college (as full-time students), or are full or part-time employees that participate in numerous charitable events.
- Employee vs. Independent Contractor: A technical writer who works full-time for one company will often have a higher annual income, as many freelance technical writers only work on a part-time basis due to personal commitments.
- Part-Time Babysitting: Part-time babysitting is when you watch the family's kids several days a week, usually on the same schedule, much like a summer babysitting job, except you are not required to be there every day.
- Part-time modeling as a hobby is fairly easy; if a teenager wants to get serious about modeling it can be hard and sometimes tedious, but if the teen enjoys it then modeling can become a very rewarding experience.
- Whether you're looking for a part-time job or seeking some assistance deciding what you might want to do after graduation, LoveToKnow Jobs and Careers has helpful tips for finding employment that fits your needs.