- a dessert made of rich cream, eggs, syrup, etc. frozen together and served in a tall, slender, short-stemmed glass
- a dessert of layers of ice cream, crushed fruit, etc. in such a glass
Origin of parfaitFrench literally , perfect
- A dessert made of cream, eggs, sugar, and flavoring frozen together and served in a tall glass.
- A dessert made of several layers of different flavors of ice cream or ices, variously garnished and served in a tall glass.
Origin of parfaitFrench, from Old French, perfect, from Latin perfectus; see perfect.
- Short for French parfait (parfait glacÃ©), an iced dessert made with egg yolks, sugar, cream, and flavouring (usually fruit), sometimes with the addition of a liqueur.
- Short for American parfait, a layered dessert often consisting of fruit, ice cream, pastries, whipped topping, etc. and served in a glass, often a parfait glass.