- state of S Brazil: 77,108 sq mi (199,709 sq km): cap. Curitiba
- river port in NE Argentina, on the Paraná River
- river in S South America, flowing from S Brazil along the SE boundary of Paraguay, through NE Argentina into the Río de la Plata: c. 2,000 mi (3,219 km)
- A city of northeast Argentina on the Paraná River north of Rosario. It is a river port accessible for oceangoing vessels.x
- A river of central South America rising in east-central Brazil at the confluence of the Rio Grande and the Paranaíba and flowing about 2,895 km (1,800 mi) generally southwest to its junction with the Paraguay River then south and east to join the Uruguay River and form the Río de la Plata estuary in eastern Argentina.