Papuan[pap′yo̵̅o̅ ən, -o̵̅o̅-]
Papuan definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
of Papua or its peoples, languages, or cultures
- a person born or living in Papua New Guinea
- a member of any of the indigenous peoples of New Guinea and nearby islands
- any of a group of languages spoken in New Guinea and elsewhere in the SW Pacific
- this language group
Papuan definition by American Heritage Dictionary
Of or relating to the peoples, languages, or cultures of Papua New Guinea or New Guinea.noun
- A native or inhabitant of Papua New Guinea or New Guinea.
- A member of any of the indigenous peoples of New Guinea and neighboring islands.
- Any of the indigenous languages of New Guinea, New Britain, and the Solomon Islands.