Papuan[pap′yo̵̅o̅ ən, -o̵̅o̅-]
of Papua or its peoples, languages, or cultures
- a person born or living in Papua New Guinea
- a member of any of the indigenous peoples of New Guinea and nearby islands
- any of a group of languages spoken in New Guinea and elsewhere in the SW Pacific
- this language group
Of or relating to the peoples, languages, or cultures of Papua New Guinea or New Guinea.
- A native or inhabitant of Papua New Guinea or New Guinea.
- A member of any of the indigenous peoples of New Guinea and neighboring islands.
- Any of the indigenous languages of New Guinea, New Britain, and the Solomon Islands.