Having a specified kind or number of panes. Often used in combination: clear-paned windows; double-paned French doors.
- The truth is that well maintained wooden windows are often superior to the modern double paned windows as far as energy efficiency.
- This is when two to three small panes of glass are fused together in the space between the panes in a double paned window.
- Older windows on newer houses are usually single paned and not recommended: Upgrade to double panes if you can.
- Visually complex items, such as bookshelves, paned windows, or even patterned pillows or drapes are limited.
- You may choose to install double paned windows, tinted windows, or some other modern type.