packer definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
a person or thing that packs; specif.,
- a person who packs goods for preservation, transportation, or sale
- ☆ a person who owns or manages a packing house
- ☆ a person who transports goods on pack animals
packer definition by American Heritage Dictionary
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- One that packs: a packer of boxes in a warehouse.
- One whose occupation is the processing and packing of wholesale goods, usually meat products: meat packers.
packer - Medical Definition
- An instrument for tamponing.
- See plugger.