of Oxford (England) or Oxford University
Origin of Oxonianfrom Medieval Latin Oxonia from Old English Oxenaford, Oxford
- a student or alumnus of Oxford University
- a person born or living in Oxford, England
Of, relating to, or characteristic of Oxford or Oxford University.
- A native or inhabitant of Oxford.
- A person who studies or has studied at Oxford University.
Origin of OxonianFrom Medieval Latin Oxōnia Oxford from Old English Oxnaford oxena genitive pl. of oxa ox ford ford ; see ford .
(comparative more oxonian, superlative most oxonian)
- Of or pertaining to Oxford.
- He worked with the Oxonian scholar for some time in developing the thesis.
Medieval Latin Oxonia +"Ž -ian