overprint[ō′vər print′; also, and for n.always, ō′vər print′]
to print over or on top of (a previously printed surface)
- anything overprinted
- anything officially printed over the original design on a stamp
- a stamp so overprinted
transitive verbo·ver·print·ed, o·ver·print·ing, o·ver·prints
To imprint over with something more, especially to print over with another color.
- A mark or impression made by overprinting.
- a. A mark or words printed over a postage stamp to note a change in use or a special occasion.b. A stamp so marked.
- (philately) The addition of new text on a previously printed stamp, usually to add a surcharge or change the face value.
(third-person singular simple present overprints, present participle overprinting, simple past and past participle overprinted)
- To add an overprint.
- (printing) To overlap different colours to avoid gaps.
over- +"Ž print