Overnight is defined as something that extends from evening until morning, or something that happens very quickly.adverb
- If you completely change your personality from one day to the next, this is an example of when your personality changes overnight.
- If you go on a trip that lasts from Monday evening until Tuesday morning, this is an example of when you go on a trip overnight.
Overnight means to ship something to be delivered the next day, or to stay somewhere for the evening and not leave until morning.verb
- If you FedEx something on Monday and it arrives on Tuesday, this is an example of a time when you overnight the package.
- If you sleep at your friend's house and leave the next day, this is an example of a time when you overnight.
The definition of an overnight is a stop that lasts for one evening.noun
If you spend one night in New York City, this is an example of an overnight.YourDictionary definition and usage example. Copyright © 2013 by LoveToKnow Corp.
- during or through the night
- on or during the previous evening
- done or going on during or through the night
- of or for the previous evening
- staying through the night: an overnight guest
- ☆ of or for a brief trip: an overnight bag
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Lasting for, extending over, or remaining during a night: an overnight trip; an overnight guest.
- For use over a single night or for a short journey: overnight supplies.
- Mailed for guaranteed delivery on the next day: an overnight package.
- Happening as if in a single night; sudden: an overnight success.
- During or for the length of the night: Let the meat marinate overnight.
- In or as if in the course of one night; suddenly: became a sensation overnight.