- to fish (a body of water, region, etc.) to excess, depleting the stock of fish or of a certain fish
- to so deplete (a stock of fish or a certain fish)
verbo·ver·fished, o·ver·fish·ing, o·ver·fish·es
- To fish (a body of water) to such a degree as to deplete or exhaust the supply of fish or shellfish.
- To deplete or exhaust (a stock of fish or shellfish) by excessive fishing.
- To overfish a body of water.
- To overfish a stock of fish or shellfish.
(third-person singular simple present overfishes, present participle overfishing, simple past and past participle overfished)
over- +"Ž fish