- an outlawing or being outlawed
- the state or condition of being an outlaw
- disregard or defiance of the law
- Defiance of the law; unlawful behavior.
- The act or process of outlawing or the state of having been outlawed.
- A proceeding, doctrine, or condition in which one convicted of a crime is deprived of the protection of the law.
Origin of outlawryMiddle English outlauerie, from Anglo-Norman utlagerie and from Medieval Latin &umacron;tlagaria, both from Old English &umacron;tlaga, outlaw; see outlaw.