- The definition of an orgasm is the peak of a sexual experience, including genital muscle contractions and the ejection of semen by a male.
An example of orgasm is ejaculation.
Origin of orgasmFrench orgasme ; from Classical Greek orgasmos ; from organ, to swell with moisture, lust ; from Indo-European base an unverified form werg-, to swell with sap or anger from source Sanskrit ūrjā, violence, vigor, sap
- The highest point of sexual excitement, characterized by strong feelings of pleasure and marked normally by ejaculation of semen by the male and by involuntary vaginal contractions in the female. Also called climax.
- A similar point of intensity of emotional excitement.
intransitive verbor·gasm·ed , or·gasm·ing , or·gasms
Origin of orgasmFrench orgasme or New Latin orgasmus, both from Greek orgasmos, from orgān, to swell up, be excited.
- or·gas′mic , or·gas′tic
- or·gas′mi·cal·ly, or·gas′ti·cal·ly
- clitoral orgasm, G-spot orgasm
(third-person singular simple present orgasms, present participle orgasming, simple past and past participle orgasmed)
- To have an orgasm.
From Late Latin orgasmus, from Ancient Greek á½€ÏÎ³Î±ÏƒÎ¼ÏŒÏ‚ (orgasmÃ³s, â€œorgasmâ€), from á½€ÏÎ³Î¬Ï‰ (orgaÅ, â€œto swell with moistureâ€).