- The definition of nubile is able to be married, or a young woman who is sexually attractive.
An example of someone nubile is a gorgeous, single young woman.
- marriageable: said of a young woman who seems mature
- sexually attractive: said of a young woman
Origin: Fr nubile from Classical Latin nubilis from nubere, to veil oneself, marry from Indo-European base an unverified form sneubh-, to woo, marry from source Glassical Greek nymphē, bride, nymph, Czech snoubiti, to woo
- nubility noun
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Ready for marriage; of a marriageable age or condition. Used of young women.
- Sexually mature and attractive. Used of young women.
Origin: Latin nūbilis, from nūbere, to take a husband.
- nu·bilˈi·ty noun