- The definition of nonresident is not living in a specific place.
An example of a nonresident used as an adjective is a nonresident fee, a fee charged by a state university if the student is not a permanent resident of that state.
- Nonresident is defined as a person who works, goes to school or stays in a different city or area from where their home is located.
An example of a nonresident is someone who goes to school in New York, but lives in Los Angeles.
- one whose permanent home is not where one is staying
- one who lives away from the locality of one's business, school, etc.
- Not living in a particular place: nonresident students who commute to classes.
- Owned by, applying to, or characteristic of a person who is not a resident of a particular place: nonresident property; a nonresident fishing license.
- non·res′i·dence non·res′i·den·cy