- The definition of nonresident is not living in a specific place.
An example of a nonresident used as an adjective is a nonresident fee, a fee charged by a state university if the student is not a permanent resident of that state.
- Nonresident is defined as a person who works, goes to school or stays in a different city or area from where their home is located.
An example of a nonresident is someone who goes to school in New York, but lives in Los Angeles.
- one whose permanent home is not where one is staying
- one who lives away from the locality of one's business, school, etc.
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Not living in a particular place: nonresident students who commute to classes.
- Chiefly New England Of or relating to real estate owned by persons who are resident only in the summer.
- non·resˈi·dence, non·resˈi·den·cy noun
- non·resˈi·dent noun