English Wiktionary. Available under CC-BY-SA license.
(comparative more nondeterministic, superlative most nondeterministic)
- (computer science) Exhibiting nondeterminism; involving choices between indistinguishable possibilities.
- Nondeterministic bottom-up tree automaton recognize the class of regular tree languages.
non-deterministic - Computer Definition
- Non-predictive. Referring to the inability to objectively predict an outcome or result of a process due to lack of knowledge of a cause and effect relationship or the inability to know initial conditions.
- In telecommunications switching and routing, the unpredictability of a path between nodes. See also node, path, route, and switch.
- In local area networks (LANs) a contentious medium access control (MAC) technique that does not allow a node to predict when it will be allowed to gain access to the network. Carrier sense multiple access (CSMA), which is used in 802.3 Ethernets, is non-deterministic. See also 802.3, CSMA, deterministic, LAN, MAC, and node.