- the bill or beak of a bird
- Historical the split and sharpened end of a quill pen
- the point of a pen
- the projecting end of anything; point
Origin of nibvariant, variety of neb
Obs. to sharpen and split the end of (a quill) to make a pen
- a. The sharpened point of a quill pen.b. A tapered point of a pen, designed to be inserted into a penholder or fountain pen.
- A sharp point or tip.
- A bird's beak or bill.
Origin of nibAlteration of neb.
- The tip of a pen or tool that touches the surface.
- The bill or beak of a bird; the neb.
- Bits of trapped dust or other foreign material that form imperfections in painted or varnished surfaces.
- Partially processed cocoa bean.
- A small and pointed thing or part; a point; a prong.
- One of the handles projecting from a scythe snath.
- The shaft of a wagon.