Origin: mono- plush gen(e) plush -icBiol. designating or of a mode of inheritance in which a character is controlled by one pair of genes
Origin: mono- + -gen + -icZool. producing offspring of one sex only, as females only in some species of aphids
- monogeny noun
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- a. Of or relating to monogenesis; monogenetic.b. Relating to monogenism.
- Of or regulated by one gene or one of a pair of allelic genes.
- Producing offspring of only one sex, as some species of aphids.
- monˌo·genˈi·cal·ly adverb
monogenic - Medical Definition
- Of or relating to monogenesis; monogenetic.
- Relating to monogenism.
- Of or regulated by one gene or one of a pair of allelic genes, as an inherited characteristic or a hereditary disease.