also Mong Leng
nounpl. Mong or Mongs also Mong Leng or Mong Lengs
- a. A member of one of the largest subgroups of the Hmong. Many Mong of Laos emigrated to the United States after the Vietnam War.b. A person of Mong ancestry.
- The dialect of Hmong spoken by the Mong. In all senses also called Green Hmong.
Origin of MongMong Moob (with oo spelling nasalized o and final b indicating high level tone ).
- (dialect) A mixture, a crowd.
From Old English gemong (“mingling") (whence Modern English among), from Proto-Germanic *mang- (“mix").
- (Australian slang) A mongrel dog.
Contraction of mongrel.
- (offensive, pejorative, UK, slang) Shortened version of mongoloid, a person with Down's syndrome
- (obsolete) a variant spelling of 'mong
Shortened from among
- (law) Abbreviation of Mongolia.
This is the customary abbreviation of this term as used in case citations. See, e.g., The Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation, Nineteenth Edition (2010), "Geographical Terms: Foreign countries and regions", Table T10.3, p. 438-443.