- Mojo is defined as good luck, charm or skill that seems to come from something magical or supernatural.
- An example of mojo is the ability of a man to attract beautiful women.
- An example of mojo is someone’s ability to always think of a winning ad campaign.
mojo definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- a charm or amulet thought to have magic powers
- Slang power, luck, etc., as of magical or supernatural origin
Origin: probably of creole origin, originally ; compare Gullah moco, witchcraft
mojo definition by American Heritage Dictionary
noun pl. mo·jos or mo·joes
- A magic charm or spell.
- An amulet, often a small flannel bag containing one or more magic items, worn by adherents of hoodoo or voodoo.
- Personal magnetism; charm.
Origin: Perhaps ultimately from Fula moco'o, medicine man.