- An example of mojo is the ability of a man to attract beautiful women.
- An example of mojo is someone’s ability to always think of a winning ad campaign.
- a charm or amulet thought to have magic powers
- Slang power, luck, etc., as of magical or supernatural origin
Origin of mojoprobably of creole origin, originally ; compare Gullah moco, witchcraft
nounpl. mo·jos or mo·joes
- A magic charm or spell.
- An amulet, often a small flannel bag containing one or more magic items, worn by adherents of hoodoo or voodoo.
- An ability or quality that causes one to excel or have good luck: “a Yankee pitcher who has to go to the Mexican League to rediscover his mojo” (Dan Shaughnessy).
Origin of mojoPerhaps ultimately from Fula moco'o, medicine man.