A member of the generation born from the early 1980s to late 1990s, especially in the United States and Canada; a member of Generation Y.
- Of or relating to a millennium.
- Relating to or being a group or movement that believes in a coming millennium, as of prosperity or justice.
- Of or relating to the generation born from the early 1980s to late 1990s, especially in the United States and Canada.
Variant of millennium
nounpl. millenniums or millennia
- any period of 1,000 years: 2000 through 1001 is the 2d millennium
- a period of 1,000 years reckoned from a certain time, esp. from the beginning of the Christian Era (1): the year A.D. 2001 marks the beginning of the third millennium
- a 1,000th anniversary or its commemoration
- any period of great happiness, peace, prosperity, etc.; imagined golden age
Origin of millenniumModern Latin ; from Classical Latin mille, thousand + annus, year (after Classical Latin biennium): see annual
Christian Theol. the period of 1,000 years during which Christ will reign on earth: Rev. 20:1-5